Skip to main content

From Rexburg, ID

Seeing: Our table full of fruits - can't wait until Farmer's Markets start back up
Making: Sunday Breakfast- Yum!! Pumpkin spice waffles with homemade whip cream and fresh strawberries - Yuuummy
Cooking: Fruit salad and Arli's chocolate cookies with white chips (later - for a lunch party)
Drinking: Hot chocolate with one packet of a favorite tea - a new favorite combination. Sometimes it's awesome. Sometimes it's disgusting haha
Reading: Biological Psychology - a fascinating textbook. And the Doctrine and Covenants 
Hearing: Kirsten as she makes conversation - her laughing voice that always makes me smile #sisterlove
Wanting: School to be OooooooUUuuuuuUuuuuuttttttt! Three weeks until finals. Uhm, YES.
Looking: sexy in my bum-around-the-house sweater and BYU-Idaho sweats. School pride, am I right? 
Playing: less music on the guitar than I'd like (This will likely Always be what is written here :/ Sad truth)
Wasting: away.... just kidding
Understanding: The importance of active patience. Check out this article



Wishing: It was summer...
Touching: The fan on my laptop. My fingers get chilly
Enjoying: My Sunday Playlist - throwback to the Virginia Richmond Mission days!
Waiting: for nothing. Time doesn't stop - live in your now.
Planning: my time more wisely 
Liking: the dreary days we have been having. Totally in love with gray days.
Wondering: where Kirsten will get called on her mission. 
Loving: breakfast with a handful of friends. I love these girls.
Hoping: for more faith and courage
Hating: stomach cramps
Needing: a dip in the ocean and a good book
Smelling: the kitchen after baking - a favorite smell
Wearing: no make-up
Learning: the constant lessons that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ and that repentance happens every day. So does forgiveness. I promise.
Teaching: myself to smile even when I'm feeling blue 
Noticing: comfort with myself. Praise God.
Tasting: freedom from preconceived ideas of where I should or shouldn't be in life. 
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." 
- President Thomas S. Monson

Thinking: about the myriads of things I need to get done. And about the word "fisticuffs" which I will always love. Who knows why.
Bookmarking: pages and pages in biochemistry and organic chemistry textbooks. 
Opening: my eyes to the reality of my life. Of my now.
Laughing: with my roommate every day. Can you say Therapy? Yes. You can. haha :)
Feeling: refreshed after last night's stake conference adult session. 
"Desire does not come from head knowledge. It comes from heart knowledge. And then acting."

"We get what we want in life." (about the importance of desires."

"First rate effort brings first rate answers"

"Keep your conversion bright." 
Studying: The book of revelations.
Knowing: that time goes on and life is good and God is real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- Hannah is at camp all week. - So is Aaron... - I'm sad for one of my best friends Rachel because dearest Elche has passed away - I'm listening to Aaron Carter and Jack Johnson - I made a smoothie for breakfast and it was not exactly "delish" - I miss breakfast cereal...actually I miss shopping for my own food, preparing my own food, and eating my own food - food that I choose. - I should appreciate not making my own food while it lasts... - NEXT WEEKEND IS MY FAMILY REUNION AND BOTH JAY AND CRYSTAL WILL BE THERE!!! With their spouses! YAY!!! - I am walking without crutches and Almost with no limp - But Larry was less than excited that I came to pt without my crutches when he hadn't told me I could... whoops - I have a crush on a guy with a girlfriend - Sooo lame! :P - I read the cutest book yesterday: "Last Knight" by Hilari Bell - Really good book, I just gobbled it right up! - So I realized this morning I've been going to school in Re...

From Omaha, NE

The idea for this blog post comes from a blog I occasionally read called The Freckled Fox . She calls these posts "Taking Stock": Seeing:  all the dogs sleeping, a nephew playing, ceiling fans turning, grey clouds. Making:  an effort to not disappear into the bedroom I'm staying at while in Nebraska with family (kids'll do that to me) Cooking:  nothing. Since I'm visiting family in Omaha, I haven't done much cooking. But while here I have made my absolute favorite PB cookies which are easy and delicious Drinking:  sooooo much water - still not enough Reading:  a guide for everything you need to know about medical school and Pushkin's Eugene Onegin Hearing:  the pot on the stove cooking the bottles which contain my SIL Nicole's homemade spaghetti sauce Wanting:  the next year to speed by - I am tired of fretting about med school applications and would like the whole thing finished - please? Looking:  forward to visiting the zoo to...

getting to and through YEAR ONE

Hello? Oh, Hello there! I am excited to talk more about my summer as I enjoy the last few days before I dive into studying hard. It is almost the beginning of the second year of medical school. Last year was one of the hardest years of my life. I experienced more pain, suffering, doubt, tears, and heartache than I have ever before in such large doses. I staggered under the weight of my fears and found myself often on my knees with no where else to turn. It was a beautiful place to find myself. Of course it is easy to say that now, looking back as I stand proud. There was a lot that went into my decision to go to medical school. Ultimately it took a lot of prayer and a lot of planning. It took a lot of service hours, a lot of hard work in my undergrad, a lot of conversations with my mother. It was a grueling process which no one can understand until you've been through it. I often doubted I was making the right choice. As I was preparing for the MCAT, which is the entr...