Skip to main content

From Rexburg, ID

Seeing: Our table full of fruits - can't wait until Farmer's Markets start back up
Making: Sunday Breakfast- Yum!! Pumpkin spice waffles with homemade whip cream and fresh strawberries - Yuuummy
Cooking: Fruit salad and Arli's chocolate cookies with white chips (later - for a lunch party)
Drinking: Hot chocolate with one packet of a favorite tea - a new favorite combination. Sometimes it's awesome. Sometimes it's disgusting haha
Reading: Biological Psychology - a fascinating textbook. And the Doctrine and Covenant
Hearing: Kirsten as she makes conversation - her laughing voice that always makes me smile #sisterlove
Wanting: School to be OooooooUUuuuuuUuuuuuttttttt! Three weeks until finals. Uhm, YES.
Looking: sexy in my bum-around-the-house sweater and BYU-Idaho sweats. School pride, am I right? 
Playing: less music on the guitar than I'd like (This will likely Always be what is written here :/ Sad truth)
Wasting: away.... just kidding
Understanding: The importance of active patience. Check out this article



Wishing: It was summer...
Touching: The fan on my laptop. My fingers get chilly
Enjoying: My Sunday Playlist - throwback to the Virginia Richmond Mission days!
Waiting: for nothing. Time doesn't stop - live in your now.
Planning: my time more wisely 
Liking: the dreary days we have been having. Totally in love with gray days.
Wondering: where Kirsten will get called on her mission. 
Loving: breakfast with a handful of friends. I love these girls.
Hoping: for more faith and courage
Hating: stomach cramps
Needing: a dip in the ocean and a good book
Smelling: the kitchen after baking - a favorite smell
Wearing: no make-up
Learning: the constant lessons that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ and that repentance happens every day. So does forgiveness. I promise.
Teaching: myself to smile even when I'm feeling blue 
Noticing: comfort with myself. Praise God.
Tasting: freedom from preconceived ideas of where I should or shouldn't be in life. 
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." 
- President Thomas S. Monson

Thinking: about the myriads of things I need to get done. And about the word "fisticuffs" which I will always love. Who knows why.
Bookmarking: pages and pages in biochemistry and organic chemistry textbooks. 
Opening: my eyes to the reality of my life. Of my now.
Laughing: with my roommate every day. Can you say Therapy? Yes. You can. haha :)
Feeling: refreshed after last night's stake conference adult session. 
"Desire does not come from head knowledge. It comes from heart knowledge. And then acting."

"We get what we want in life." (about the importance of desires."

"First rate effort brings first rate answers"

"Keep your conversion bright." 
Studying: The book of revelations.
Knowing: that time goes on and life is good and God is real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

getting to and through YEAR ONE

Hello? Oh, Hello there! I am excited to talk more about my summer as I enjoy the last few days before I dive into studying hard. It is almost the beginning of the second year of medical school. Last year was one of the hardest years of my life. I experienced more pain, suffering, doubt, tears, and heartache than I have ever before in such large doses. I staggered under the weight of my fears and found myself often on my knees with no where else to turn. It was a beautiful place to find myself. Of course it is easy to say that now, looking back as I stand proud. There was a lot that went into my decision to go to medical school. Ultimately it took a lot of prayer and a lot of planning. It took a lot of service hours, a lot of hard work in my undergrad, a lot of conversations with my mother. It was a grueling process which no one can understand until you've been through it. I often doubted I was making the right choice. As I was preparing for the MCAT, which is the entr
I woke up this morning and after getting some breakfast I stepped out into the dim light of predawn and stood barefoot in the grass. I felt the dew on my feet and the soft cool morning air on my face and hands. I listened but the birds were still asleep. Taking a pair of scissors, I cut a bloom from the rose bush outside my back door.  Life is messy. And sometimes unkind. It is confusing, painful and discouraging. But an amazing thing happens when we decide to take it just one day at a time. It is a lesson I have to learn over and over. Sort of like Charity or Humility or Optimism. I have decided to have faith over fear. To trust that although I can't know what will happen, that a perfect Being who loves me does. And trusting in that is more important to me than knowing. So while it is difficult, and some would say perhaps a cop out for dealing with life, I choose to trust that God cares enough about me to have my best interests at heart. And if He has decided to not share

To My Dad

To this day, one of my favorite smells is the mix of motor oil and orange scented cleaner. My dad is a mechanic and the cleaner was what he used (uses?) on his hands. Whenever we went camping, my dad always brought his guitar. That is one of the reasons I play too. One of the only memories I have of childhood is after I learned to ride a bike. One day I dragged my dad all over town on our bikes. We stopped for Creamies and squeaky cheese at this little dairy store that is no longer there. I always loved my orchestra concerts. I think more than the playing and being on stage, I loved knowing that if my dad had made it to the concert, I was going to be able to get ice cream with him at the nearby Artic Circle. My dad taught me how to camp, how to love old country music, how to make cookies...my dad makes a mean cookie! Thinking of his smile and laughter Always makes me miss him. And then I cry. He taught me it's okay to cry, even if you're a tough old mechanic. By e