Skip to main content

Filler

 I've been reading the 100 Hour Board this morning and I haven't blogged for awhile so I think I'll take a stab at it. Another reason is I'm texting my little sister and I'm in a weird mood - perfect blogging mood. So I have a few things I'd like to touch on. First of all, my sister sent me a text saying that in her English class (at my old high school, my old teacher blah blah blah) there was found in a book cover My name. And what book would that be? Their Eyes Were Watching God. Zora Neale Hurston is the worst writer I have ever read! I HATED THAT THING!!! ... So, I reply to my sister the obvious: "What?! Why would My name be in a book I HATED?" The answer, "I don't know." Hm. I don't know either. But, according to her, it was maybe in my handwriting and it had my middle initial. My thoughts on this? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! So I say to her, "Erase it!" But it's too late. The thing has been put away. Left for another year, more kids who will read my name in the Horrid, detestable THING Ms. Nora would like to be called.. a b...I can't even say it.

 Next item is a quote I found by one awesome, amazing, great actor whose name just slipped my mind. Ha Russell Crowe. He was speaking on spirituality, "I think there's a karmic cycle, which is very very obvious: you run around acting like a dick, and you get your a kicked. The world just works that way." Thank you Mr. Crowe. "The world just works that way" indeed.

I don't really have anything else to blog about. However, I will update you on my knee situation. Three weeks ago tomorrow I received ACL replacement as well as meniscus repair and cartilage repair on my left knee. It's been going a-o-kay so far. Tuesday, tomorrow, is actually my half point. Three weeks ago was my surgery, and in three more weeks my physical therapist Larry will let me walk without my crutches. Needless to say, I am excited. Walking with crutches is only exciting when you are in middle school or high school and you're tricking your friends into doing stuff for you. After that it gets pretty old, pretty fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

getting to and through YEAR ONE

Hello? Oh, Hello there! I am excited to talk more about my summer as I enjoy the last few days before I dive into studying hard. It is almost the beginning of the second year of medical school. Last year was one of the hardest years of my life. I experienced more pain, suffering, doubt, tears, and heartache than I have ever before in such large doses. I staggered under the weight of my fears and found myself often on my knees with no where else to turn. It was a beautiful place to find myself. Of course it is easy to say that now, looking back as I stand proud. There was a lot that went into my decision to go to medical school. Ultimately it took a lot of prayer and a lot of planning. It took a lot of service hours, a lot of hard work in my undergrad, a lot of conversations with my mother. It was a grueling process which no one can understand until you've been through it. I often doubted I was making the right choice. As I was preparing for the MCAT, which is the entr
I woke up this morning and after getting some breakfast I stepped out into the dim light of predawn and stood barefoot in the grass. I felt the dew on my feet and the soft cool morning air on my face and hands. I listened but the birds were still asleep. Taking a pair of scissors, I cut a bloom from the rose bush outside my back door.  Life is messy. And sometimes unkind. It is confusing, painful and discouraging. But an amazing thing happens when we decide to take it just one day at a time. It is a lesson I have to learn over and over. Sort of like Charity or Humility or Optimism. I have decided to have faith over fear. To trust that although I can't know what will happen, that a perfect Being who loves me does. And trusting in that is more important to me than knowing. So while it is difficult, and some would say perhaps a cop out for dealing with life, I choose to trust that God cares enough about me to have my best interests at heart. And if He has decided to not share

To My Dad

To this day, one of my favorite smells is the mix of motor oil and orange scented cleaner. My dad is a mechanic and the cleaner was what he used (uses?) on his hands. Whenever we went camping, my dad always brought his guitar. That is one of the reasons I play too. One of the only memories I have of childhood is after I learned to ride a bike. One day I dragged my dad all over town on our bikes. We stopped for Creamies and squeaky cheese at this little dairy store that is no longer there. I always loved my orchestra concerts. I think more than the playing and being on stage, I loved knowing that if my dad had made it to the concert, I was going to be able to get ice cream with him at the nearby Artic Circle. My dad taught me how to camp, how to love old country music, how to make cookies...my dad makes a mean cookie! Thinking of his smile and laughter Always makes me miss him. And then I cry. He taught me it's okay to cry, even if you're a tough old mechanic. By e